Anyone having issues powering on their Surface Book 2?

Anonymous
2018-01-31T22:27:25+00:00

I am having issues the past couple weeks powering on my Surface Book 2 via the power button. It does not respond unless I eject the tablet half from the base and then press the power button. No setting or software changes except the Surface firmware update for Meltdown/Spectre a couple weeks ago. I'd say 1 out of every 5 attempts of me powering on results in a hard reboot and losing everything I had open. This is extremely frustrating! PS. I typically hibernate my PC. Would be great to hear from others that have applied the latest firmware and hibernate, if possible.

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-06T17:53:37+00:00

    Since none of the steps provided in this thread worked. We recommend that you talk to our Support team for further assistance.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-06T18:35:53+00:00

    Since none of the steps provided in this thread worked. We recommend that you talk to our Support team for further assistance.

    Thank you.

    Which I did two months ago... their answer was format and re-install windows or bring to store for replacement. WHAT A JOKE!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-03T04:21:04+00:00

    I'm on my second Surface Book 2 and after 3 months of using it I'm having the same issue with the new one. This new one is even worse now, at times it will display screen is detach and displaying it's not being charge when the power cable is connected. My first Surface Book when I took it into the store they didn't even look at it, I just told them the issue and they just gave me a new device. Come on Microsoft fix the issue!!!!!!

    Just in case you think it's a user issue Microsoft, I do tech support for a living. I deal with your issues everyday at work and now I have to come home and deal with it also. What a joke!!!!!!

    Allen

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-03T12:39:21+00:00

    I'm on my second Surface Book 2 and after 3 months of using it I'm having the same issue with the new one. This new one is even worse now, at times it will display screen is detach and displaying it's not being charge when the power cable is connected. My first Surface Book when I took it into the store they didn't even look at it, I just told them the issue and they just gave me a new device. Come on Microsoft fix the issue!!!!!!

    Just in case you think it's a user issue Microsoft, I do tech support for a living. I deal with your issues everyday at work and now I have to come home and deal with it also. What a joke!!!!!!

    Allen

    i would consider selling your replacement and getting non-MS hardware... they don't give a crap about fixing issues and their hardware stinks... i am waiting for the new intel chips with the hardware meltdown/spectre fixes to start rolling out in q2 and will likely be getting a lenovo...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-15T13:09:40+00:00

    I've been having the same problem lately, and only since the last two or 3 updates. Have you thought that the problem could actually have been a hardware or driver update, or Windows 10 OS update?

    All of the sudden after a recent set of updates, powering on, and resuming from hibernate or sleep stops working and takes several times of holding down the power button to power on or resume activity. 

    It seems to occurs only when the keyboard is attached because every time I touch the detach button, the device seems to resume start up. 

    This is a serious issue. I chose this device because of the reputation of Microsoft Surface to deliver a top quality product. This truly seems to be a pattern among Microsoft Surface Book 2 users. It appears as if we are having the same issue it here and it is either the hardware itself, or it is an update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments