Ho the **** can you submit using the feedback hub if the piece of **** Microsoft surface doesn't even turn on?
Anyone having issues powering on their Surface Book 2?
I am having issues the past couple weeks powering on my Surface Book 2 via the power button. It does not respond unless I eject the tablet half from the base and then press the power button. No setting or software changes except the Surface firmware update for Meltdown/Spectre a couple weeks ago. I'd say 1 out of every 5 attempts of me powering on results in a hard reboot and losing everything I had open. This is extremely frustrating! PS. I typically hibernate my PC. Would be great to hear from others that have applied the latest firmware and hibernate, if possible.
Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-06-22T22:53:19+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-06-23T21:45:03+00:00 I would reach out to Microsoft and see if they will arrange for you to send it to them in exchange for a refurbished item. They did this with me and it was quick and relatively easy. Not ideal perhaps, but I now have a working unit.
No doubt at all that Microsoft has some learning to do on hardware, but as much as I get irritated with my SurfaceBook2 sometimes, I can't find anything, even almost 2 years later, to compete with it. It is an amazing piece of kit. Perhaps they were too ambitious with their goals.
Not making excuses for MS, I have cussed them blue about this computer. But there are better solutions than considering it $2k wasted.
-
Anonymous
2019-06-23T22:13:42+00:00 They are replacing (for the second time). The hardware is simply unreliable. how can I for example rely on this hardware to present a criminal case in court that is set for a nine day trial? Your honour, jury Oh this piece of **** Microsoft computer has decided not to work this morning, they will give me a new one, but all the software and files are gone... excuse me just wait until MS get their act together your Honour and jury.
Computers, yes I know people have been making them for decades, but,,,