Anyone having issues powering on their Surface Book 2?

Anonymous
2018-01-31T22:27:25+00:00

I am having issues the past couple weeks powering on my Surface Book 2 via the power button. It does not respond unless I eject the tablet half from the base and then press the power button. No setting or software changes except the Surface firmware update for Meltdown/Spectre a couple weeks ago. I'd say 1 out of every 5 attempts of me powering on results in a hard reboot and losing everything I had open. This is extremely frustrating! PS. I typically hibernate my PC. Would be great to hear from others that have applied the latest firmware and hibernate, if possible.

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-23T22:13:42+00:00

    They are replacing (for the second time). The hardware is simply unreliable. how can I for example rely on this hardware to present a criminal case in court that is set for a nine day trial? Your honour, jury Oh this piece of **** Microsoft computer has decided not to work this morning, they will give me a new one, but all the software and files are gone... excuse me just wait until MS get their act together your Honour and jury.

    Computers, yes I know people have been making them for decades, but,,,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-22T11:22:36+00:00

    How do you run the diagnostics if the **** useless piece of garbage I paid $3000 for doesn't even turn on?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-06-12T11:53:41+00:00

    Hi Mysteryyy,

    Thank you for your suggestions.  

    I have tried the usual holding down volume and power button, which didn't work. 

    But I don't know how to detach my monitor from the keyboard without it being able to turn on. 

    I saw the paperclip thing online but it seems more applicable to book 1 and might be a bit risky to try..

    Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-23T03:48:00+00:00

    Be nice to be able to run the diagnostics.  Since the Surface Book2 less than 1 year old WON’T turn on I am unable to do recommended step.  Disgusted with the Surface Book 2.  Was looking forward to an exceptional device.  NOT!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-21T16:38:43+00:00

    Just reading through some message board to understand what happened to my surface book. i had it for a month and last friday it just melted down. keyboard and monitor super hot. Not happy about the month worth of loading programs to get things working.

    hoping its a one off. Concerned about the other issues that i'm reading about now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments