Hi Timothy,
If your Surface still gets stuck in hibernation after performing the steps suggested by Mark Ole, we recommend that you run the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit. The SDT resolves common Surface problems and the diagnosis usually takes 15 minutes or less, but can take an hour or longer depending on your internet connection speed and the repairs that the tool needs to do to fix the problems.
Click here to run the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit.
We hope this helps, and keep us updated on this thread.
Regards.
I know of several folks with the same SB2 config as me who have been having the same problems since the firmware update. The surface diagnostic toolkit does not resolve. I am betting it is the firmware update. It is getting very old that Microsoft's response to every issue with the SB2 is run the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, go to a store, swap hardware. Does anyone on the Surface team investigate issues or do any level of troubleshooting? I was going around in a circle with a rep that wanted me to uninstall the firmware update via Windows which is NOT possible. I guess everyone warned me to stay away from Microsoft hardware... about to make the switch back to Lenovo whose products I've never had a serious issue with and they investigate/troubleshoot when there is an issue.