Make sure "Pro mode" is "On".
Also note that this is for Windows 10. I don't know if it works on older versions.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The front camera on my Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 was too dark in Zoom (and in the Camera app). There are many folks asking how to adjust the brightness, but none of the answers in the posts I found work and all the posts were closed.
I discovered how to adjust the brightness:
Click on this icon and a brightness slider bar will appear. Adjust the brightness to what you want.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Make sure "Pro mode" is "On".
Also note that this is for Windows 10. I don't know if it works on older versions.
Thanks!
"5. A little circle with a slash through it and a number below it will appear on the left side of the window."
i dont get this little circle... :(
Thank you so much for this! I have been trying to figure out what was wrong with the lighting in my reconfigured home office and why it appeared so variable on Zoom. This fixed the problem perfectly!
It looks like this works - THANK YOU SO MUCH! This has been driving me crazy. It's way darker in Zoom than Teams or anything else. But when I go back into Camera, the old brightness setting is still shown, as if the new setting didn't get saved. Any clues on saving the Camera settings?
You are a genius!!!! Thanks for saving us!!