My SP7 just started downloading new versions of firmware.
Surface - Firmware - 8.123.140.0 (Surface UEFI)
Surface - Firmware - 13.0.1319.2 (Surface ME)
Nothing on the update pages though to show what's changed....
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Brand new Spro7, Firmware up-to-date.
I noticed drastic CPU throttling when battery charge level reaches 35%: CPU tops at about 0.5 GHz and setting the power slide to "Best Performance" doesn't change that.
I found no setting that would allow to change this excessively conservative threshold to something more reasonable like 12 or 15% (my Battery Saver level is set at 15%, but it has obviously no impact on this).
Is this hard-coded in the firmware ?
Any ideas ?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
My SP7 just started downloading new versions of firmware.
Surface - Firmware - 8.123.140.0 (Surface UEFI)
Surface - Firmware - 13.0.1319.2 (Surface ME)
Nothing on the update pages though to show what's changed....
No change after the update, still same state :(
Im in the same situation, even seeing CPU speed only slowing down when using USB-C to HDMI io. I think its a problem with their USB-C io process. I've been having problems where, only when using USB-C to HDMI, my display will glitch so bad, the computer is unusable, and has to be restarted (need to hold power button down until it powers off, any other input doesnt work at all). I've also noticed that when plugging in and unplugging the USB-C cord, the CPU utilization goes from 20% to 95-100%! Coupled with the fact that the clock speed drops to 0.5GHz - ish when the battery falls below 35%, only while using USB-C io, I think its a soft/firm ware issue with their USB-C io handling.
But its just a guess.
HEY! I FOUND A SOLUTION
The very first tip in this video solves the issue right away. However, it's in german, but if you just watch what he does on the screen, you'll figure it out no problem! Start at 1:42!!!
I'll do my best to explain below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=LKW_DoUxDqg&feature=emb_logo
HEY! I FOUND A SOLUTION
The very first tip in this video solves the issue right away. However, it's in german, but if you just watch what he does on the screen, you'll figure it out no problem! Start at 1:42!!!
I'll do my best to explain below:
https://youtu.be/LKW\_DoUxDqg?t=102