Exactly the same issue with a USB-C dongle.
When on battery, severe CPU throttling kicks in at 35% charge: how to change ?
Brand new Spro7, Firmware up-to-date.
I noticed drastic CPU throttling when battery charge level reaches 35%: CPU tops at about 0.5 GHz and setting the power slide to "Best Performance" doesn't change that.
I found no setting that would allow to change this excessively conservative threshold to something more reasonable like 12 or 15% (my Battery Saver level is set at 15%, but it has obviously no impact on this).
Is this hard-coded in the firmware ?
Any ideas ?
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-03-05T22:06:25+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-05-07T04:28:22+00:00 Hi, same problem here.
Any update for this issue?
-
Anonymous
2020-05-07T13:48:48+00:00 I'm having the EXACT same issue. Seems like a software issue as as soon as it hits 30%, even the wifi speed gets capped to 100mbps. But don't worry guy, support will just ask us to restart our devices to fix it. So many issues on an expensive device.
-
Anonymous
2020-05-20T20:57:12+00:00 I have the same issue, I had thought initially that it was my imagination - but on battery, the surface pro 7 i5 throttles quite badly and sits at 0.5Ghz and even basic tasks are just sluggish. It's good to read it's not just me and that its potentially not a hardware issue.
Here's hoping this gets fixed soon.
-
Anonymous
2020-05-20T22:11:20+00:00 Same issue here. I thought this was a temperature issue but now realise its when battery gets around the 30% mark. Could really do with a solution to this. When your on battery that last % is unusable.