[...]
But this conforts me in the idea that this problem is a driver/firmware/software policy issue, NOT a hardware malfunction.
It could be an immature implementation of the 'Intel Dynamic Tuning 2.0 with Machine Learning' mentioned in Barb's link
So Intel would be the culprit ???? Perhaps an update of the Intel Dynamic Tuning Service is needed ?
IMHO the user should always be able to override AI tuning decisions, e.g. by sliding the Power cursor to the right; forcibly crippling a computer at 35% battery power is ridiculous.
[...]
In the same vein:
While my battery was around 50% charge, I started a CPU intensive job....the CPU topped near 1.30 GHz....I pushed the battery Power Mode to the max (Best Perf), and that didn't change anything...then I plugged the charger and the CPU instantly jumped to 3.40 GHz !
Is the SPro7 battery so weak that the throttling has to limit power so drastically, even when the battery charge level is still comfortable ?
Or is it just another symptom of the same issue, namely immature (or excessively conservative) implementation of the 'Intel Dynamic Tuning 2.0 with Machine Learning'?