Hi Janette,
Unfortunately no, I have no access to, nor friend with, such compatible dock.
I reckon my setup may not be so common, but it's not so absurd either ;-) It should be easy to repro ...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Brand new Spro7, Firmware up-to-date.
I noticed drastic CPU throttling when battery charge level reaches 35%: CPU tops at about 0.5 GHz and setting the power slide to "Best Performance" doesn't change that.
I found no setting that would allow to change this excessively conservative threshold to something more reasonable like 12 or 15% (my Battery Saver level is set at 15%, but it has obviously no impact on this).
Is this hard-coded in the firmware ?
Any ideas ?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Janette,
Unfortunately no, I have no access to, nor friend with, such compatible dock.
I reckon my setup may not be so common, but it's not so absurd either ;-) It should be easy to repro ...
Hello, benoitvm!
Thanks for letting us know about this. Yes, you mentioned there was no docking station the 1st time you mentioned it. I am sorry for the confusion, I was checking if you have tried to include a docking station after posting your response last December 23rd.
Is it safe for me to assume that you haven't tried it out?
If you haven't, do you happen to have a friend with a compatible dock that can be plugged to your Surface Pro 7 so you can observe if there is a difference with or without a dock when those said accessories are plugged into a dock?
Thanks!
-Janette_Z
Hi Janette,
as said, there is no docking station (or Surface Dock) involved:
external monitor is connected using a USB-C -> HDMI dongle (internal monitor is disabled)
external mouse is connected via Bluetooth
external keyboard & Ethernet are connected using a powered 4-port USB 3.0 SS hub
Hi there, benoitvm!
We are truly sorry for the late response. I appreciate your update about what you observed with the device's performance.
May I know if you happen to have used a Surface Dock or docking station to connect the accessories (monitor and USB keyboard)?
Thanks!
Regards,
Janette_Z
Hi Jeanette,
Sorry it took so long for me to back.
Here is some interesting additional info:
It looks like the problem occurs only when the unit is connected to external monitor (USB-C -> HDMI), mouse (BT) & keyboard (USB) (no docking station).
When the unit is used with internal display + typecover, the CPU is not throttled down (until it reaches the defined low batt setting)
Benoit