Day 1 of using my work Surface Laptop 4, external keyboard does the freezing character issue. I replace the external keyboard thinking that was the issue, I was incorrect.
Also, mouse cursor is freezing on the screen randomly. Some days it is frequent. Other days there is the odd freeze. Further testing involved using just the built-in keyboard and mouse trackpad for an entire day without anything else connected, freezing was still occurring.
Found out other company users are having the same issue on the Surface Laptop 4 and the Surface Pro 8 also. Continue testing. Try changing a registry setting for CPU throttle, did not work as freezing is still happening.
Testing at home without a dock, using a Razor wireless mouse w/ dongle, and a Dell wired keyboard. Rate of freezing intensifies on the mouse. Keyboard is still very random but is happening.
So a Microsoft Support ticket was opened and we are working directly with them. My computer has been the #1 testing device for this issue.
Tried Windows 11 - 21H2, freezing is still happening. Reimage back to Windows 21H2, the moment I am back in Windows, keyboard and mouse start freezing.
Upgraded my PC to Windows 11 - 22H2 and the freezing is gone. There has been zero occurrence of the keyboard keys freezing or the mouse cursor freezing.
If going 1 week straight on the new OS with zero freezing does not count as a solution, then I don't know what else to say.
What evidence can I provide? Want me to record my 8 hour shift each day and post that for everyone to watch? I have been looking for and applying registry, power setting, driver, Windows Update, etc... fixes for my machine with no luck. I don't know what stops the issue in this OS.
Just try going to 22H2 and see if the problem goes away for you as well.