Surface Pro Flex Keyboard Charging issues

Anonymous
2024-08-16T00:45:19+00:00

I've seen multiple other posts on this, but I'm confused as to Microsoft doesn't issue an update.

I have the new Surface Pro 11, with the Flex Keyboard. The keyboard does NOT charge when I attach the keyboard to the device when the device is not plugged into a charger.

The keyboard does NOT charge when the deviced is plugged into a charger, and the keyboard is closed (sleep mode).

It only charges (and even this is sporatic) when the keyboard is attached and the device is plugged into a charger. Sometimes it will charge, other times it will not. I have yet to find a pattern, but that is the only time it will charge (and that is still only about 1/2 of the time).

I have tried all the basic trouble shooting (cleaing the connectors, ESC key for 5 seconds to turn off keyboard, updated all firmware). This is obviously an issue that Microsoft is ignoring.

Any ideas would be welcome, but my thought is that it just doesn't charge like it's supposed to, and nothing is really going to change that...

Surface | Accessories | Surface Type Cover

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T06:43:51+00:00

    i find not even turning on the backlight even the dimmest the battery lasts much longer. on the surface twitter i asked them for the charger they are quiet. singapore

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T05:33:31+00:00

    Hello, everyone. Interestingly, has anyone seen the official response of the company on this issue? Or do they not care about us and pretend that there is no problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T22:12:20+00:00

    Thebkeyboard does charge... on its own schedule. I never know when my keyboard charges, only that occasionally it does.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T21:56:39+00:00

    Microsoft refuses to address this problem on their flagship device. I wound up selling mine as I could never get it to charge properly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T19:50:39+00:00

    Hi, but I don't want to charge my laptop to 100%. It spends most of its time plugged in, so I only charge it to 50%. I would charge it to 80% but smart charge doesn't work - that's a separate issue. Its really not effective to demand the SP 11 to be on, at 100% itself, and as some people are saying, plugged in...! The keyboard needs to charge whenever it is plugged in, otherwise in normal use cases it barely charges.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments