Surface Book 2 won't wake up from sleep. Only by detaching the screen I can wake up.

Anonymous
2018-04-06T07:18:10+00:00

Hello,

My SB2 doesn't wake up from sleep. The only way I can wake it up is by first detaching the screen, then I can press the power button and it will wake up. This takes me about 15secs, which is way too slow for a $2000+ computer.

I have read the 3-step solution Microsoft posted for this problem, and it doesn't help. The hotkeys do not respond (Control+windows+shift+B or 3 taps on up+down volume buttons), the battery is fully charged and I am not going to restart the tablet every single time the computer goes into sleep mode.

What is the solution? Everything else works fine with the surface, I don't want to send back/exchange the surface just for this problem... it seems like some software fix should be enough!

Thanks,

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-19T09:51:03+00:00

    you are correct, same is happening to me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-19T10:14:45+00:00

    I had a session with microsoft support and they fixed my issue by reinstalling all of the drivers.

    To do this they used an application called driver booster.

    https://driver-booster.en.uptodown.com/windows

    Basic version without registering shoudl satisfy your needs. 

    Try updating all of the drivers using this app. And let me know if that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-19T10:16:19+00:00

    Also, if this doesnt help, go in to a remote session with MSFT. The support quality is 5/5. 

    Regards,

    Michał

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Barb Bowman 80,820 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-11-19T11:50:37+00:00

    How exactly did you contact Microsoft support? Please provide the URL or phone

    number. It is not normal for Microsoft to use a third party site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-19T16:54:09+00:00

    oh that was tricky, ive got in touch with windows live support somehow, and they redirected me to another person.

    Since this is a windows s4 issue after all.

    Please install the driver booster. let it update all of the drivers and see if the problem persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments