That is not a solution, that is disabling the hibernate functionality. Why would you want to do that?
Surface Book 2 won't wake up from sleep. Only by detaching the screen I can wake up.
Hello,
My SB2 doesn't wake up from sleep. The only way I can wake it up is by first detaching the screen, then I can press the power button and it will wake up. This takes me about 15secs, which is way too slow for a $2000+ computer.
I have read the 3-step solution Microsoft posted for this problem, and it doesn't help. The hotkeys do not respond (Control+windows+shift+B or 3 taps on up+down volume buttons), the battery is fully charged and I am not going to restart the tablet every single time the computer goes into sleep mode.
What is the solution? Everything else works fine with the surface, I don't want to send back/exchange the surface just for this problem... it seems like some software fix should be enough!
Thanks,
Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-05-17T08:57:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-05-17T05:37:34+00:00 Go scope the solution i posted on page 2. It has worked for many.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-17T05:36:50+00:00 I posted a solution that has worked for many on page 2, please try that as well.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-16T18:37:11+00:00 As it turned out, my Surface Book was defective. When the lid was closed, the screen never came back without a hard reset. The computer was actually awake, the screen just didn't work.
After being hung up on twice when calling support (2 hours wasted) and then going through chat support (another hour), and following their proposed remedies (2 hours), I finally went into a MS store and they swapped it out for a new one (30 min + getting there).
I am happy with the solution, but boy was it aggravating to get it resolved. I highly recommend skipping phone support if you want anything other than basic help with the computer, they literally hang up on you The store people confirmed they are having trouble with the phone people and advise everyone to just go into the stores.
Anyway, thought I'd share in case someone has the same problem as me. As it turns out, sleep/wake was working perfectly...
-
Anonymous
2018-05-16T18:04:56+00:00 Hello, I had a similar problem.
I have a 13.5" Surface Book 2 with Performance Base.
It would not wake up after being put to sleep unless I detached the tablet from the base. I just manually installed new video card drivers from nVidia for the GeForce GTX 1050: the problem seems to be resolved.
Hope this helps!
Matthew