How exactly did you contact Microsoft support? Please provide the URL or phone
number. It is not normal for Microsoft to use a third party site.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
My SB2 doesn't wake up from sleep. The only way I can wake it up is by first detaching the screen, then I can press the power button and it will wake up. This takes me about 15secs, which is way too slow for a $2000+ computer.
I have read the 3-step solution Microsoft posted for this problem, and it doesn't help. The hotkeys do not respond (Control+windows+shift+B or 3 taps on up+down volume buttons), the battery is fully charged and I am not going to restart the tablet every single time the computer goes into sleep mode.
What is the solution? Everything else works fine with the surface, I don't want to send back/exchange the surface just for this problem... it seems like some software fix should be enough!
Thanks,
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
How exactly did you contact Microsoft support? Please provide the URL or phone
number. It is not normal for Microsoft to use a third party site.
Also, if this doesnt help, go in to a remote session with MSFT. The support quality is 5/5.
Regards,
Michał
I had a session with microsoft support and they fixed my issue by reinstalling all of the drivers.
To do this they used an application called driver booster.
https://driver-booster.en.uptodown.com/windows
Basic version without registering shoudl satisfy your needs.
Try updating all of the drivers using this app. And let me know if that helps.
you are correct, same is happening to me
Afraid this doesn't work.
I have to repeatedly press the power button to get teh surfacebook to turn on.
As reported elsewhere, the sleep of death happens after about an hour of sleep time.