Thats a good point. Since swapping out my machine I have no issues with sleep/wake hibernate. While its great to have a work around, you have to wonder if there is a hardware failure causing the problem that should be addressed.
Surface Book 2 won't wake up from sleep. Only by detaching the screen I can wake up.
Hello,
My SB2 doesn't wake up from sleep. The only way I can wake it up is by first detaching the screen, then I can press the power button and it will wake up. This takes me about 15secs, which is way too slow for a $2000+ computer.
I have read the 3-step solution Microsoft posted for this problem, and it doesn't help. The hotkeys do not respond (Control+windows+shift+B or 3 taps on up+down volume buttons), the battery is fully charged and I am not going to restart the tablet every single time the computer goes into sleep mode.
What is the solution? Everything else works fine with the surface, I don't want to send back/exchange the surface just for this problem... it seems like some software fix should be enough!
Thanks,
Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-05-17T12:36:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-05-17T12:33:06+00:00 Mine was not a sleep wake issue. It was a defect in the machine.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-17T08:57:50+00:00 That is not a solution, that is disabling the hibernate functionality. Why would you want to do that?
-
Anonymous
2018-05-17T05:37:34+00:00 Go scope the solution i posted on page 2. It has worked for many.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-17T05:36:50+00:00 I posted a solution that has worked for many on page 2, please try that as well.