Bluetooth Surface Laptop 3 disconnects and reconnects for no reason

Anonymous
2019-12-05T17:17:32+00:00

Every day, my bluetooth on my Surface Laptop disconnects and reconnects for no reason.  I am using a microsoft designer mouse and keyboard.  This happens multiple times each day.

I have tried all the standard items,

readding the bluetooth device

restarting the computer

ensure the laptop power settings are correct

making sure all updates have been installed

etc.

Anyone having these issues?  Any fix ?

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-21T04:29:39+00:00

    I was in the exact same boat as all the previous posters, but I think I found the solution.

    In the device manager, "Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device" can now be found under the'Human Interface Devices' tab rather than 'Bluetooth'.

    It has the power management option to turn off power saving, and so far my mouse has been running smoothly with no interruptions!

    No idea what they felt the need to change it, but this should fix it for you!

    Edit: Did not work as a permanent fix. The option below did, though!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-11T07:22:46+00:00

    Yeah even I don't see a power management option for The Bluetooth-Qualcom Atheros. This is very disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T14:09:04+00:00

    I have tried all the suggestions in this thread, updated everything I could and the problem persists. I just switched to my laptop being docked as my main work station and this makes me want to go back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T23:02:44+00:00

    I have the same problem with Surface Laptop 3 15" AMD. 

    Same as DaveHabets - I had fixed it in 1909 but the W10 2004 update broke it again - and now the power options have vanished on the Bluetooth-Qualcom Atheros.

    This a Microsoft device running all Microsoft software with a Microsoft mouse.  You would think that they would all work together?

    Same issue -- no power management option for The Bluetooth-Qualcom Atheros. Anyone find workarounds for this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T23:05:39+00:00

    I have the same problem with Surface Laptop 3 15" AMD. 

    Same as DaveHabets - I had fixed it in 1909 but the W10 2004 update broke it again - and now the power options have vanished on the Bluetooth-Qualcom Atheros.

    This a Microsoft device running all Microsoft software with a Microsoft mouse.  You would think that they would all work together?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments