Bluetooth Surface Laptop 3 disconnects and reconnects for no reason

Anonymous
2019-12-05T17:17:32+00:00

Every day, my bluetooth on my Surface Laptop disconnects and reconnects for no reason.  I am using a microsoft designer mouse and keyboard.  This happens multiple times each day.

I have tried all the standard items,

readding the bluetooth device

restarting the computer

ensure the laptop power settings are correct

making sure all updates have been installed

etc.

Anyone having these issues?  Any fix ?

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-09T16:48:06+00:00

    So general reply to this thread. Meant to put this up last week, but got busy - sorry, all.

    After several patient requests for escalation, I finally got a reply. Here's the meat of it:

    "I have results on investigation. Apparently , this is known issue to Surface which there currently investigating to fix this issue. There's no estimated time is to when will the issue be fix."

    Microsoft Support is leaving my ticket open. It would seem that Microsoft has now at least acknowledged the issue.

    So it's disable power saving on the Qualcomm for now. On the positive side, at least Mike helped us all get to a workaround. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-09T13:45:24+00:00

    I applied this fix around a month ago and have not had the issue return even once. So this is for sure the fix that Microsoft could not find for us. \

    Thank you all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-09T05:19:56+00:00

    2 - Go back to Device Manager - Bluetooth - I have found that (at least on my Surface Laptop 3) that the only Bluetooth Device that has an option to alter the Power Management setting is the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth - click that and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save poweroption.

    So far so good.  Hope it works for you.

    It completely stopped disconnecting, works like a charm.

    I thought this option might have to be unchecked somewhere else as well, but didn't look hard enough, it seems!

    You are a wonderful person, Mike!

    And if anyone from Microsoft reads this - there's the bug, the problem was fixed for anyone doing this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-28T13:47:17+00:00

    No problem.  It'd be interesting to see what Microsoft recommend - the number of people on this message board still waiting for an answer is why I started looking into it myself ;)

    Regards,

    Mike

    It has bugged me since October when I got the machine. :) Initially, I couldn't find anything on it and I was traveling a bunch so didn't have the time to focus on it and would just do the angerface for 30 seconds and move on when it happened. But now, with being at home so much, I've had the time to chase it down.

    I was really happy to see a recent post when I poked around last week!

    But the email from support that I received last night says they don't think of this as a known issue. They *suspect* it is a chipset problem and would like to proceed with a replacement, but weren't able to tell me definitively. They again ignored any reference to this thread.

    I'm inclined to do that and see if it fixes anything (I mean, it is possible...). And if not, then continue the escalation.

    More as I hear more...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-28T12:36:12+00:00

    No problem.  It'd be interesting to see what Microsoft recommend - the number of people on this message board still waiting for an answer is why I started looking into it myself ;)

    Regards,

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments