Surface pro 4. Screen shake.

Anonymous
2016-03-06T18:30:14+00:00

Hi, every one. I have problem with my SP4. Half of the screen shake. I never drop my surface. I install all updates. Maybe some one help me? Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk69BrQXxvg

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-03-07T11:58:51+00:00

Personally, given what you posted on your vide I'd advise you to contact Microsoft support and get a warranty replacement.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-28T19:38:31+00:00

    My drive C has more than 30 GB free space, and even if I run nothing on my SP4, it still shakes/flickers. A reboot doesn't solve the problem because if I reboot when the screen is shaking/flickering, you will see the "Surface" logo is shaking/flickering too! I'm 300% sure that this is a hardware problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-28T19:01:13+00:00

    Dear Guy!

    This might be hurt you a lot, as I am experienced with the SP4. Just don't worry! It is easy enough to fix this.

    First, In eed to ask you something!

    1. Are you running a more than 10GB program and screen is shaking?
    2. Does that need more Graphic Processing Unit (GPU) to support?

    I am sure that you say YES!

    What you need to do is:

    • Shrink Volume: You need to shrink drive (C:)
    • Create New Volume (Whatever you wanna call it)Link Here :

    *"*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJiakVgAtn4"

    • Copy and paste or reinstall the program that you run and screen was starting shaking to New Volume you created (This might be drive "D:" or "E:"...)
    • Restart PC! And Enjoy that program

    In my opinion, there might be Speed of ROM when it is nearly full, it works slower than your program need (Simple Explain!). It is because of the logical circuits running in many algorithms needed for this SSD works not properly (Search Algorithm).

    ->This you need a new Partition to run Search Algorithm faster!

    ->It can be about the GPU is not enough speed to support the program!

    This might help someone. And it is too long to write this. Also, sorry for messing up this page :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-10T05:08:26+00:00

    Hey, I have the same problem and it seems started after I've got Creators Update and all firmware updates after it. Will full reset help in this case? I don't  think it is hardware failure, because when I start input (touchscreen or touchpad scrolling) the screen goes back to normal.

    It turns out that it's definitely a hardware issue for me.  It gets worse and worse the longer the tablet is turned on and I noticed that the boot display also shows the jitters before the OS and drivers are even loaded.

    Here's what mine looks like after being on for about an hour: youtube link

    I finally broke down and submitted for a repair order.  It is costing me $450+tax to get a replacement and I have to ship via FedEx in my own box and bubble-wrap.  I figured I could buy a new computer for $1200 or so; or spend the $500 to get a replacement with a short warranty...  Hope it works out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-08-09T04:49:10+00:00

    Personally, given what you posted on your vide I'd advise you to contact Microsoft support and get a warranty replacement.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments