I'm having the same issue. Here's a screenshot of the battery usage. I finished watching a video at 1 AM, closed the lid and left the computer until I needed it again this afternoon. Battery's COMPLETELY drained - while the device is closed!! What's up with that?
Terrible Surface Pro 8 Battery life - Nearly 1% drained per minute
I bought a Surface Pro 8 a month ago and since then it has had terrible battery life. I've updated it whenever a new update was available but it's still giving me major issues. I logged in at 7:50am this morning and by 9:24 it had gone from 90% battery (I'm also not sure why 10% drained overnight while in hibernation?) to 37%. For an hour of that time I was on a Teams video call but I'm still seeing significant battery drain during other types of usage so I don't think it's because of Teams but I'm not 100% sure. Other things to note that I don't believe should impact it that much are that I had it on 100% screen brightness during that time because I find the screen disappointing dark (darker than my previous few laptops) and I had the surface keyboard attached and some bluetooth headphones attached to listening in on the Teams meeting.
See the two screenshots below. Can anyone help because the laptop is clearly unusable if I can't use it for more than 2 hours on battery per day. I'm shocked at how bad my first Microsoft product is compared to the years of using Dell, Lenovo and HP with no issues.
I purchased the Surface Pro 8 before leaving Australia and have moved back to Ireland so may have an issue claiming on warranty if I need it fixed?
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-09-08T22:44:18+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2022-08-29T20:09:35+00:00 I found a number of settings in Edge to try to improve things, disabled as many powerhogging features as I could. Charged the battery to 100%. Watched a 10-minute video on YouTube in Edge: Drained the battery 12%. That's more than 1%/min. Staring at the machine in disbelief with nothing running and it dropped another 1%.
This is ridiculous, How can Microsoft claim up to 16 hrs??
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2022-08-28T14:22:41+00:00 I am experiencing bad battery life as well: After watching a YouTube video for 1 1/2 hours my battery drained 33%. Brightness at 40%, 60Hz refresh rate. That would extrapolate to less than 5 hours of use on a battery, with Microsoft claiming up to 16. I specifically bought this machine for its battery life, and now find it performs (far) worse than my ancient Pro 3. What is going on with Surface devices?