bluethooth mouse breaks wireless connection

Anonymous
2013-07-23T16:05:01+00:00

I originally posted this here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-hardware/wifi-keeps-dropping-on-my-surface-kills-bluetooth/96faf92c-41af-4611-b5c2-c52702a3f241

Anyway, after a few reinstalls. I still have the same issue on my surface pro. When I go a few days without using my Microsoft Sculpt comfort Mouse, I have no problems. When I do use it, I get a total breakdown of wireless connections.  First my mouse stops responding. Then wifi drops, normally theres a lag before I see it show up on the wifi icon in the system tray. When I click it, it shows 'No connections are available', followed by 'troubleshoot' The only fix is to reboot, which it won't ever do properly after this error. I always have to hold the power button down and do a manual reset.

I also have random times when the Bluetooth goes out but comes back on. This can take about a minute to happen. When this happens, the wifi stays on.  I also have a lot of lag in the mouse while downloading/streaming anything from the internet.

Obviously this is Windows 8.1, running on a Surface Pro, using a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

Thanks,

Kevin

Surface | Surface Pro | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-25T23:47:48+00:00

    It does it on all networks, even my phone data share (work, home, public wifi). Also, it happens if I'm not even connected to anything. Just my Bluetooth.  Had the issue 4 more times today. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-25T00:36:02+00:00

    Greetings Kevin,

    Sorry to hear about your experience. Is your Surface connected to a Wireless N network, or Wireless G network?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments