bluethooth mouse breaks wireless connection

Anonymous
2013-07-23T16:05:01+00:00

I originally posted this here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-hardware/wifi-keeps-dropping-on-my-surface-kills-bluetooth/96faf92c-41af-4611-b5c2-c52702a3f241

Anyway, after a few reinstalls. I still have the same issue on my surface pro. When I go a few days without using my Microsoft Sculpt comfort Mouse, I have no problems. When I do use it, I get a total breakdown of wireless connections.  First my mouse stops responding. Then wifi drops, normally theres a lag before I see it show up on the wifi icon in the system tray. When I click it, it shows 'No connections are available', followed by 'troubleshoot' The only fix is to reboot, which it won't ever do properly after this error. I always have to hold the power button down and do a manual reset.

I also have random times when the Bluetooth goes out but comes back on. This can take about a minute to happen. When this happens, the wifi stays on.  I also have a lot of lag in the mouse while downloading/streaming anything from the internet.

Obviously this is Windows 8.1, running on a Surface Pro, using a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

Thanks,

Kevin

Surface | Surface Pro | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-20T11:58:20+00:00

    I want to add my experience to this thread even though it seems to be quite old and it's not a problem on  my Surface.  It's the first thing that comes up in a search. 

    May 2016 with new Dell XPS 15 and Windows 10.  Using a new Logitech bluetooth mouse kills WIFI.  Updated all my drivers, BIOS, and firmware and still happens.  Must be problem inherent to Bluetooth and WIFI signals interfering.  Switching to WIFI mouse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-06T15:50:43+00:00

    Good point. Usually the tech specs has the radio ranges it can operate in. I did find that it works on channel 1 and or channel 2. So I would have to guess running other devices on channel 11 is best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments