Do you want to switch to tablet mode?

Anonymous
2015-11-10T23:42:15+00:00

Windows Update updated my SB today.  There was one Windows security update, the Malicious Software Removal Tool, and a Flash update for IE.

Today, I have started receiving unsolicited Notifications asking me if I want to switch to tablet mode?  These have come at random times while using the SB with the display attached to the keyboard.  At no time in the last week have I disconnected the display from the keyboard.

Why have these inappropriate Notifications started?  How can I end them?

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-11T17:15:48+00:00

    Hello Ed1-US

    Sorry to hear about these notifications.  Thanks for reaching out to us.

    Restart Surface Book.  Check manually for any additional updates, and verify that everything has installed successfully.

    Eject the Clipboard from the Keyboard.  Inspect the connections for any debris or corrosion.

    Does Keyboard loose functionality when this message appears?  Does Surface think it has detached?

    Best regards 

    (Moderator edit)  Be sure to go through the troubleshooting posted Here.

    If you are still affected afterwards, please contact Assisted Support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-11T17:39:29+00:00

    It doesn't happen all the time, but there has been some inconsistency with tablet mode on resume.  It is as though the keyboard portion isn't registering fast enough and the auto-switch happens.  Easy enough to make it a manual change, but would rather be able to pull and  go to tablet like on my Pro 3 in the past.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-11T22:52:56+00:00

    I'm seeing the same issue. Happens totally randomly, even when the Surface Book is on a totally solid desk and not moving at all. PIN connections are all clean. I noticed some reviewers mentioned this bug too.

    John1F, can you add this bug to the enormous list of bugs that need to be fixed on the Surface Book asap? Honestly, this is getting ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-05T20:56:14+00:00

    An incredibly annoying issue I'm currently having, one of many issues, is that even though I will be working in desktop mode with the keyboard dock attached and even while I'm typing, my Surface Book automatically switches to tablet mode. Is this due to a weak connection between the "clipboard" and the keyboard base? It is really quite irritating and seems to be happening more frequently since the December 2 hardware update.

    Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-08T18:27:57+00:00

    Thank you for reaching out to the Surface community. According to the post your Surface Book automatically switches from desktop mode to tablet mode without notifying you. Please change the Tablet mode settings and ensure you have set it to "  Always ask me before switching"or to your desired option.

    Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments