Do you want to switch to tablet mode?

Anonymous
2015-11-10T23:42:15+00:00

Windows Update updated my SB today.  There was one Windows security update, the Malicious Software Removal Tool, and a Flash update for IE.

Today, I have started receiving unsolicited Notifications asking me if I want to switch to tablet mode?  These have come at random times while using the SB with the display attached to the keyboard.  At no time in the last week have I disconnected the display from the keyboard.

Why have these inappropriate Notifications started?  How can I end them?

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-18T19:23:36+00:00

    Since yesterdays....12/17, system update......I have had no incidences of 'do you want to switch to tablet mode '......I can't re-create it as before either.....seems this is fixed for me!

    Not me. Still easy to recreate. Open Windows App Store. Click Check for Updates. If it doesn't do it the first time, it will the 2nd or 3rd time. Keep clicking (after letting it finish checking) and every 1st, 2nd, or 3rd click will do it again. Also still does it randomly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-18T18:10:17+00:00

    Since yesterdays....12/17, system update......I have had no incidences of 'do you want to switch to tablet mode '......I can't re-create it as before either.....seems this is fixed for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-17T15:55:07+00:00

    I have the same problem.. It seemed to start for me too after the December 2nd update (hard to know for sure as my SB was only a week old when it got that update.

    For me it happens every time I open Photoshop CC, not so much when I open the app store but it also happens at other times which seem random for now.

    Again I have cleaned the contacts etc and this is a very new SB so my gut is that it isn't a hardware fault.

    When the SB thinks it is in tablet mode the keyboard / trackpad / USB ports still work so I don't think it's actually disconnecting, just thinks it is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-15T20:57:09+00:00

    Hi Joo2h,

    I changed the setting so that it would ask me to switch modes and while that does prevent the unwarranted switching from desktop to tablet mode, it does so only because I can click no to the change. But I still get the issue because for some reason, even though I haven't tried to disconnect into tablet mode, my device still thinks I'm trying to disconnect and will ask me whether to switch into tablet mode or not. So, this issue is still unresolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T17:19:22+00:00

    Just want to add a "Me Too!"  

    I also get the click popping up- as if I clicked on the clock... randomly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments