Do you want to switch to tablet mode?

Anonymous
2015-11-10T23:42:15+00:00

Windows Update updated my SB today.  There was one Windows security update, the Malicious Software Removal Tool, and a Flash update for IE.

Today, I have started receiving unsolicited Notifications asking me if I want to switch to tablet mode?  These have come at random times while using the SB with the display attached to the keyboard.  At no time in the last week have I disconnected the display from the keyboard.

Why have these inappropriate Notifications started?  How can I end them?

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-21T14:47:29+00:00

    Also on Surface Book ... but it happens when using the Intel GPU as well... Agree it was BETTER after the initial recent updates but frequency is creeping back up. I can confirm it occurs when static on a desk OR when hand/lap held!

    It is weird ... but I can live with it....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-21T09:31:22+00:00

    Looks like I spoke too soon as well... The problem is definitely less and I haven't seen it when opening Photoshop or Checking for updates since the latest update.

    I did just get it when opening the NVIDIA control panel though.

    EDIT - Definitely spoke too soon, just happened again opening Photoshop... I'll try to test properly the next update and not get too excited too early!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-20T22:06:10+00:00

    I too am still getting instances of 'Do you want to switch....,' but they are definitely less often than before the most recent hardware update. Hopefully, one more update can totally fix this issue so that it doesn't occur anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-20T16:27:21+00:00

    Unfortunately I spoke too soon......I've had a couple of instances of 'Do you want to switch to tablet mode' since my last post.....sorry for the misleading info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-18T21:54:44+00:00

    Seems fixed for me too, I can't get it to happen by opening Photoshop or after clicking "Check for Updates" in the store. Hoping the issue is fixed for good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments