Do you want to switch to tablet mode?

Anonymous
2015-11-10T23:42:15+00:00

Windows Update updated my SB today.  There was one Windows security update, the Malicious Software Removal Tool, and a Flash update for IE.

Today, I have started receiving unsolicited Notifications asking me if I want to switch to tablet mode?  These have come at random times while using the SB with the display attached to the keyboard.  At no time in the last week have I disconnected the display from the keyboard.

Why have these inappropriate Notifications started?  How can I end them?

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-01-30T15:12:55+00:00

    go to the Settings App, System Tablet Mode and change to don't ask and don't switch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-30T14:35:52+00:00

    Just a reminder.  For all of those who are getting this issue, have you detached and reattached the tablet screen from the base at least once?

    That was suggested in an early post on this thread and it worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-30T06:39:48+00:00

    This has been affecting my SB as well, it has been a problem out of the box. So I just turn off tablet mode so I don't get the annoying notifications. But I would like to use it as intended.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-10T04:01:02+00:00

    Am having the same issue (surface  book i7 512GB discrete GPU). Switches at random times to tablet mode while I am at desktop mode working on a desk with clipboard (i.e. screen)  connected. (I could set it to ask me for confirmation, but it would be no less annoying to get those messages.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-28T17:22:34+00:00

    I have the same issue, random requests asking me if I want to switch to Tablet mode.  Although, I have been in and out of the check for update window setting this computer up. I just bought the surfacebook and all the updates installed.  I haven't even tried to detach the screen yet and the surfacebook has been sitting on my office desk so no movement.  

    I have other issues related to USB/Device cutting in and out, but I'll post that on another thread :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments