Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program

Anonymous
2020-03-30T18:20:01+00:00

I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent  the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as soon as possible.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-01T16:02:26+00:00

    good day everyone, I'm having a issue with zoom every time my son connects to the zoom class room the laptop, table, cell phone and now the new desktop computer is also shutting down, is anyone experiencing this problem?

    YES!  I am having this too.  We've tried 3 HP Chromebooks, an iMac, a macbook, and my iPhone.  My son is trying to connect with his third grade zoom class.  He gets booted out and/or the computers crash every time.  Other people in the house can zoom fine for their meetings.  Did you get a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-17T13:46:16+00:00

    good day everyone, I'm having a issue with zoom every time my son connects to the zoom class room the laptop, table, cell phone and now the new desktop computer is also shutting down, is anyone experiencing this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-04T02:14:31+00:00

    I have same issue as currently 126 other people. I have a Surface Pro7, and it is only 6 months old.  I have done all of the steps suggested by Marrion_Y, and the Surface still shuts down during Zoom calls.  I am running Zoom 5.0 which is the most current version.  

    I get BSOD ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.  We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.  

    For more information and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows/stopcode

    If you call a support person, give them this info:

    Stop code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 

    Please help, I really would like to get this working again. 

    I also am having the same problem.  Out of nowhere it will shut down...and the same error: "We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.  

    For more information and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows/stopcode

    If you call a support person, give them this info:

    Stop code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 

    Very unsatisfactory and Microsoft zero help

     Based on some similar problems I've had with laptops in the recent past, I've created very long times-before-shutdown/sleep in the Windows Power settings.  My laptop is left plugged in so I'm not letting the battery run down if I walk away from the laptop for hours at a time (as I often do).  I've also switched to Microsoft Edge for Zoom conferences as some people said that using Chrome could be an issue; up until then my main browser was Chrome though sometimes for various reasons I also ran Explorer, and now Edge, at the same time (e.g., for web sites like eBay that only allow you to log in under one I.D. at a time, per browser, and for a long time I helped someone else run their eBay auctions as well as my own).  So far, the screen shutoff, or "permanent sleep" mode, issues have not returned since I made those changes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-04T00:48:29+00:00

    I have same issue as currently 126 other people. I have a Surface Pro7, and it is only 6 months old.  I have done all of the steps suggested by Marrion_Y, and the Surface still shuts down during Zoom calls.  I am running Zoom 5.0 which is the most current version.  

    I get BSOD ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.  We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.  

    For more information and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows/stopcode

    If you call a support person, give them this info:

    Stop code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 

    Please help, I really would like to get this working again. 

    I also am having the same problem.  Out of nowhere it will shut down...and the same error: "We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.  

    For more information and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows/stopcode

    If you call a support person, give them this info:

    Stop code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 

    Very unsatisfactory and Microsoft zero help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-31T18:41:19+00:00

    I've downloaded the Intel Graphics Command Center, but I cannot find "Power" in SYstem or anywhere else. I have a HP laptop and I'm having the problem with zoom everytime I open it I have already tried reinstalling the application and updating the drivers, however, they are already updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments