Greetings all,
We are working on a solution for the Limited WiFi issue. Please refer to the following thread for potential workarounds while we are working on the WiFi issue:
http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c593dff8-61b3-496c-b8f2-f9deb3e4b35e
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I had an issue this morning where Surface couldn't find any wifi networks (when 5 were in the area) and it was connected the previous night. I solved this issue by searching windows rt for Network. Open Network Connections, find the wifi device and then disable this connection. After a minute - I re-enabled the connection and then it started to work.
Just wanted to share my experience if anyone runs into the same issue. Thanks!
Nate
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Greetings all,
We are working on a solution for the Limited WiFi issue. Please refer to the following thread for potential workarounds while we are working on the WiFi issue:
http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c593dff8-61b3-496c-b8f2-f9deb3e4b35e
Greetings everyone,
Thank you for your continued interest, feedback and assistance in investigating the Limited WiFi issue on the Surface.
Not all limited connectivity scenarios have solutions that can be controlled by the Wi-Fi drivers of a given device. Limited connectivity scenarios result from a complex interaction of device Wi-Fi drivers, access point firmware, access point configuration, and other environmental factors.
If following the steps in the provided links below fail to resolve your Wi-Fi issue I encourage you to create a new thread.
You will most likely have to do a REFRESH. Most of us has had to do that. For some reason or another the driver gets corrupted. You may also do a trick that most others have done as well as long as you don't have the 8.1 Preview of Windows 8 RT installed.
That trick is to open the Control Panel and go do Device Manager. Look for the Marvel WiFi adapter and "Uninstall" the driver but "DO NOT DELETE IT". When finished, reboot the tablet and it should connect.
Try that trick first and if it doesn't work, then do a REFRESH.
Hello priscillaodendaal,
Sorry to hear you are having problems connecting to WiFi.
You should be able to connect to WiFi. Are you getting any errors when trying to connect? Are you able to see the networks and not connect to them?
Let us know.
Best regards.
When I was having issues, not with not being able to connect just connection drops, I made a different change on my netgear d-link as well.
Not sure if it really helped or if its a fluke that I haven't had any noticeable issues since, but what I did was in my router settings I set my tablet to reserve my ipaddress for the tablet and also to remember my mac address for it.
Again not sure how much it really helped but I haven't noticed the drops that I had before.
Thanks, I've tried this out, but the Surface still can't see the connection :(