I got this problem a few weeks ago but I'm on Insider Release preview. The problem seems to have resolved itself a few days ago.
I just noticed new firmwares and updates today. Did you guys update to the latest firmware?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.
If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I got this problem a few weeks ago but I'm on Insider Release preview. The problem seems to have resolved itself a few days ago.
I just noticed new firmwares and updates today. Did you guys update to the latest firmware?
Same here. But at least Microsoft are really open and transparent and helpful about it! 🤦♂️ Ah yeah sweep it under the rug, who wants functional software anyway, let's mess with something that's not broken, a tablet with no touch screen or pen input is super versatile! 🤷♂️
Same! I don’t know if the problem is worse or me but it is back. 🤷🏻♀️
It came back for me as well. I replaced with a new iPad Air recently. Have not missed my surface once since. Problem solved.
My Surface Pro 7 initially had this same problem and then sudden fix. Now, after the latest update, sometime in early June, the problem has reappeared, but worse. The open/close/open of the cover doesn't work at all anymore either.