Surface Pro7 touch screen issue with Windows 11

Anonymous
2021-11-07T14:03:55+00:00

Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.

If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-20T21:13:22+00:00

    Welp, scratch out all that below. Issue resurfaced. Haha Surface....... smf.

    Credit to guy above for link to drivers. My steps are pretty much the same save for removing more drivers and running into the driver install hanging.

    Drivers: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=100419

    Note waiting a few minutes is a good thing to do, just in case it is still doing something in the background. Windows is notorious for not including an accurate presentation of loading bar percentage.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-19T17:47:49+00:00

    Hi,

    Surface Pro 7 with W11 here. The problem with the unresponsive touch screen also happens when I have a BT keyboard or if my surface pro 7 is connected to the surface dock 2 and it goes to sleep mode, however thae sleeping mode is activated (i.e. via the on/off switch, or sleep mode due to lack of use for a few minutes).

    I use the Surface Pen with a clip and a single button on the flat edge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T09:23:48+00:00

    I'm taking these steps every time I open up my surface. Happened since I started using Windows 11. Would an update help?? What should I do now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-16T06:12:30+00:00

    I feel you. Is there a way to make a formal complaint against Microsoft?

    Lol good one. A huge corporation like Microsoft doesn't care about the people who buy their products. We still buy them anyway. You can post in the Feedback app, but it won't make a difference. They want us to buy new machines, not upgrade old ones. Kick up a stick and they might send you a free Surface Pen if you're lucky.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-16T06:04:49+00:00

    I feel you. Is there a way to make a formal complaint against Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments