My HID-Compliant Touch Screen is missing, what to do?
Surface Pro7 touch screen issue with Windows 11
Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.
If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-12-03T17:16:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-12-03T00:27:29+00:00 I am having the same issue. I ended up having to reset my Surface. It worked at first but once I deleted my old version of Windows it started again.
-
Anonymous
2021-11-23T08:20:59+00:00 Hi John, I've tried Surface Diagnostic Toolkit. Sorry to say it's pretty useless. That said, I didn't initiate a support chat after diagnostic.
Next I ran DISM to scan the health of my Windows Image. No problem.
Likewise SFC is all clear.
I've downloaded and install the latest SP7 driver pack for Win11.
Tried to reinstall Face Hello driver and Touchscreen driver after installing latest SP7 drivers with reboot in between uninstall and reinstall.
After startup, I always get errors for these services, "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" & "ReadyBoot".
A few hours after using the SP7, I get "SurfaceTconDriver". These are all reproducible after every restart even on build 22000.348.
In addition to these issues and probably similarly related, SP7 doesn't respond to Type Cover open events. The screen doesn't turn on when Type cover is opened. Pressing a key on Type Cover doesn't trigger a Lock Screen open event. Screen only turn on when I press the Power button.
-
Anonymous
2021-12-06T08:04:25+00:00 You mean it's not in Device Manager? Have you tried to enable all devices and Scan for Hardware?
If that doesn't work, download the drivers here.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=100419
-
Anonymous
2021-11-07T21:55:57+00:00 Thank you for posting your inquiry here in Microsoft Community, sanjeevgarg1.
We are sorry to hear about the Windows hello and touch screen issue. Here are the methods that we suggest:
- Run Surface Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Run the System File Checker.
- For the Face recognition, try to remove the current face recognition that you have set up and add a new face log in.
- For the touch screen, refresh the drivers. Open Device Manager then go to Human Interface Devices > look for "Uninstall HID-Compliant Touch Screen" > Right-click on HID-Compliant Touch Screen > Uninstall (if you're seeing two HID Compliant Touch Screen, Uninstall the two drivers). > Restart the device.
Let us know how this goes by replying on this thread so we can further assist.