Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer

Anonymous
2024-07-11T01:23:41+00:00

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T14:51:28+00:00

    NO GO with the Brother MFC-J1010 for scanning, so not all Brother printer/scanners are supported. Tired of making trips back and forth to Office depot. I own two scanners and four printers and now one printer/scanner. None will work. Also can't connect to the expensive Office Sharps at all, even for printing. Really regretting the Surface Pros I bought for myself and employees. Note: none of the scan snap Fujitsu scanners are supported either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T14:56:09+00:00

    VueScan did not work for me. (RE: Epson ES-300W and Epson ES-60W)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T16:12:40+00:00

    I decided windows arm is not for me, sold my surface laptop - got me a thinkpad x1 carbon gen13.

    No compatibility issues at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T16:32:41+00:00

    Although I was able to get partial help from Vuescan, anything over 4-5 pages disconnects the Canon scanner and whole system needs to be restarted. You also have to remember to start the scanner before you start Vuescan or the system fails as well.

    I don’t get this, as my M1 MacBook even worked with the scanners and printers. Seriously have to reconsider where this leaves me - get an Intel laptop (and back to those efficiency and power limitations - without 5g) or just go back to the Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T15:42:19+00:00

    Many thanks to:Dale Strauss2William Mills2Marco OsunaiFor sharing your frustrations trying to connect portable scanners to SURFACE 7.I failed to connect EPSON ES-50, EPSON ES-65 and BROTHER portable scanners.Now I am looking to buy a different laptop computer. George ArgyrosHouston TX 77077832 546 ******@GMAIL.COM.------------------

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments