Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer

Anonymous
2024-07-11T01:23:41+00:00

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T21:53:13+00:00

    Thank You Tien Lee - finally a solution that will work with VueScan for my Canon ImageFormula R40 in Windows 11 ARM!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T19:25:04+00:00

    Thanks Tien Lee for your super helpful post. I am pleased to say my old Canon imageClass MF4800 scanner has sprung into life on the new Surface Laptop 7 with VueScan. If you can get through the tortuous process of disabling MS's Driver Signature Enforcement you're there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T19:56:37+00:00

    I am waiting for someone to advise success connecting EPSON ES-50 portable scanner to SURFACE 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T20:46:37+00:00

    you can download classic outlook for arm laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T22:28:57+00:00

    VueScan should work with your scanner.

    Try:

    www.hamrick.com/vuescan/epson_es_50.html#technical-information

    It should get your scanner working. The front page has a 'Search Supported Scanners' box. Pity about printers though. I'm nothing to do with VueScan, just very pleased to find an app that solves a real problem for an amateur armchair IT expert like me...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments