Sorry to hear that, we are all suckers.. Microsoft sucks....
Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer
I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.
Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-10-23T17:34:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-10-23T17:59:47+00:00 Sorry to hear that, we are all suckers.. Microsoft sucks....
Alton McKenzie. Thanks for your speedy response; straight to the point! I hate to have to be forced to agree with you. This SURFACE 7 is my fourth Microsoft laptop. I own SURFACE GO, SURFACE 4 and SURFACE 5. Another big shortcoming is transferring <pst> files from the old OUTLOOK to the new OUTLOOK. And worse, all my Group e-mails need to be re-entered all over again. We were not made fully aware of the consequences of the SNAPDRAGON features and the Windows with ARM (WoA) GJA 2024 10 23. -
Anonymous
2024-11-09T19:34:48+00:00 I bought a Surface Laptop 7 to replace a Surface Laptop 3. The 7 is a great laptop, fast, sleek and light, but, there does not seem to be an all-in-one printer scanner anywhere on the market that is compatible. The only work-round was to keep the 3 with the all-in-one printer plugged in and go between the two with a USB stick. Not a pretty solution...
-
Anonymous
2024-11-11T02:17:44+00:00 Richard 2.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with your SURFACE 7.
I bought SURFACE 7 last month.
I tried to connect my portable scanner EPSON ES-50; no success.
I bought wireless portable scanner EPSON ES-60W; no success.
I bought portable scanner BROTHER DS-640; also no success.
I now connect my EPSON ES-50 to my SURFACE 5, to scan documents.
Then I send them to myself by e-mail.
I then retrieve the e-mail on SURFACE 7, and I download my attachments.
Does anyone know of a better way?
*
I was not aware that Windows 11 came with ARM.
Microsoft also changed OUTLOOK to NEW OUTLOOK.
Now my Contact Lists don't work.
Why didn't MICROSOFT warns us, and rename Windows 11 to Windows 12 or something like that ?
GJA
Houston TX
2024 11 10.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-16T10:58:46+00:00 Cannot speak for the Epson's and struggling to get a cheap all-in-one scanner to work (the Epson XP-2205) working via USB. But the Brother DS 640 definitely works via USB as I am using it on my Lenovo Yoga 5G (old snapdragon 8CX gen 1) which I am using to type this.
To get it working... go to device manager after plugging it in. Right click on it and choose to Update Drivers. Choose the option to Browse my computer for drivers, then choose "Let me pick from a list of available drivers..." then choose "Imaging Devices" and "USB Scanner Device". It will have a warning that this is not recommended, just accept it.
Install the using Brother iPrint & Scan as usual. It is not an ARM native app but works. It will detect the plugged in DS640 and it will scan as usual. Hope that helps you and others looking for a working portable scanner... but I will continue figuring out for mine...
At least printers are much better overall.
Vuescan is an alternative, but didn't work for my Epson too... even after using: https://www.hamrick.com/support/how-to-guides/windows-11-driver-signature-enforcement.html