Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer

Anonymous
2024-07-11T01:23:41+00:00

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T14:13:51+00:00

    I've just bought a new laptop for work and need to scan and upload paper documents all the time. My Canon LiDE400 scanner will not work with it, I think because of problems with Snapdragon compatibility. I have limited computer literacy and I don't honestly have all the concepts to problem solve this. I thought I'd just go buy a new cheap scanner that was compatible rather than return the laptop but I'm struggling to find a clear answer on choices. Returning the laptop is an option. Can anyone advise me or have I been too vague?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T16:46:57+00:00

    It IS a Microsoft compatibility issue with a desktop scanner. NOT an all in one printer/scanner/fax. Just a simple desktop scanner that worked on every other laptop.

    I returned the new surface. Purchased a laptop that does not have Snapdragon. I lost many days of income due to this quiet incompatibility/Microsoft wont provide a fix. If you use an all in printer scanner fax...you should be fine. If you have a portable scanner..it wont work with Snapdragon software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T16:48:47+00:00

    Best chance of working is using an all-in-one copier/scanner/printer/fax. Portable scanner only.. does not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T18:02:12+00:00

    Thanks Carrie. Think I'll be taking the laptop back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T17:26:21+00:00

    I purchased Microsoft laptop computer SURFACE 7 with CoPilot for Windows 11 with ARM ( WoA ) But portable scanner EPSON ES-50 and EPSON ES-60W do not connect with the laptop using USB. Also ES-60W does not connect in WiFi mode. ES-50 works fine with my SURFACE 5. What can be done ? GJA1238 2024 10 23

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments