Best chance of working is using an all-in-one copier/scanner/printer/fax. Portable scanner only.. does not work.
Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer
I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.
Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-10-17T16:48:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-10-17T16:46:57+00:00 It IS a Microsoft compatibility issue with a desktop scanner. NOT an all in one printer/scanner/fax. Just a simple desktop scanner that worked on every other laptop.
I returned the new surface. Purchased a laptop that does not have Snapdragon. I lost many days of income due to this quiet incompatibility/Microsoft wont provide a fix. If you use an all in printer scanner fax...you should be fine. If you have a portable scanner..it wont work with Snapdragon software.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-15T14:13:51+00:00 I've just bought a new laptop for work and need to scan and upload paper documents all the time. My Canon LiDE400 scanner will not work with it, I think because of problems with Snapdragon compatibility. I have limited computer literacy and I don't honestly have all the concepts to problem solve this. I thought I'd just go buy a new cheap scanner that was compatible rather than return the laptop but I'm struggling to find a clear answer on choices. Returning the laptop is an option. Can anyone advise me or have I been too vague?
-
Anonymous
2024-09-14T16:20:42+00:00 Nope it sure won't work.... Microsoft has screwed you and everyone else this is a huge blunder that I have complained about for bout 5 years....
-
Anonymous
2024-09-13T20:59:50+00:00 Does anyone know if the Mopria-certified Epson ES-C320W compact scanner actually works with the new Microsoft Surface Laptop Edition 7 with its Snapdragon (Qualcomm) processor? I cannot find any definitive answer on any Epson website or third party seller website for that Epson product, which of course is carried on Amazon, Office Depot, Staples, etc. Hope for some answer before committing to buying it. Thanks, in advance.