Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer

Anonymous
2024-07-11T01:23:41+00:00

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T16:12:40+00:00

    I decided windows arm is not for me, sold my surface laptop - got me a thinkpad x1 carbon gen13.

    No compatibility issues at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T14:56:09+00:00

    VueScan did not work for me. (RE: Epson ES-300W and Epson ES-60W)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T14:51:28+00:00

    NO GO with the Brother MFC-J1010 for scanning, so not all Brother printer/scanners are supported. Tired of making trips back and forth to Office depot. I own two scanners and four printers and now one printer/scanner. None will work. Also can't connect to the expensive Office Sharps at all, even for printing. Really regretting the Surface Pros I bought for myself and employees. Note: none of the scan snap Fujitsu scanners are supported either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T22:28:57+00:00

    VueScan should work with your scanner.

    Try:

    www.hamrick.com/vuescan/epson_es_50.html#technical-information

    It should get your scanner working. The front page has a 'Search Supported Scanners' box. Pity about printers though. I'm nothing to do with VueScan, just very pleased to find an app that solves a real problem for an amateur armchair IT expert like me...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T20:46:37+00:00

    you can download classic outlook for arm laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments