Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer

Anonymous
2024-07-11T01:23:41+00:00

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-01T19:18:02+00:00

    I see the problem and It is largley due to fujitsu/riccoh being greedy and lazy in not getting a driver to work with the win arm64. Shameful behaviour on their part. I know microsoft probably has some to do with the problem/solution. They both SUCK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T16:56:42+00:00

    I was able to connect to the ScanSnap scanner ix1600 to a surface laptop snapdragon elite - installed the software but had to connect to the scanner via scanner's (access point) internal wifi connection.

    And it just worked -

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T23:57:12+00:00

    Dear Tien Lee, thank you so much for your helpful comment. I followed your instruction: everything's working fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T15:42:19+00:00

    Many thanks to:Dale Strauss2William Mills2Marco OsunaiFor sharing your frustrations trying to connect portable scanners to SURFACE 7.I failed to connect EPSON ES-50, EPSON ES-65 and BROTHER portable scanners.Now I am looking to buy a different laptop computer. George ArgyrosHouston TX 77077832 546 ******@GMAIL.COM.------------------

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T16:32:41+00:00

    Although I was able to get partial help from Vuescan, anything over 4-5 pages disconnects the Canon scanner and whole system needs to be restarted. You also have to remember to start the scanner before you start Vuescan or the system fails as well.

    I don’t get this, as my M1 MacBook even worked with the scanners and printers. Seriously have to reconsider where this leaves me - get an Intel laptop (and back to those efficiency and power limitations - without 5g) or just go back to the Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments