Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer

Anonymous
2024-07-11T01:23:41+00:00

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T12:59:38+00:00

    I agree entirely.

    My ESPON portable scanner ES-50 cannot connect with my SURFACE 7.

    Maybe you are all right about moving away from MICROSOFT altogether.

    ******@GMAIL.COM

    2025 04 30.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T10:06:21+00:00

    Yup, Microsoft is an embarrassment, they have been promoting this architecture for more than 5 years now.... Straight trash I switched to Apple.... Won't look back....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T09:55:45+00:00

    Surface ARM sucks and no support from Microsoft. Do not buy this as half your apps won't work and you won't get support from Microsoft or from the 3rd party software or 3rd party OEM's.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T23:48:21+00:00

    I tried that didn't work if you can post a video that would be helpful.... instructions seemed simple enough....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T23:46:21+00:00

    Well we are all suckers.... I just gave up and bought Mac book air.... No time for this ****.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments