Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer

Anonymous
2024-07-11T01:23:41+00:00

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T04:31:40+00:00

    Microsoft needs to be sued for this bulls**t.... They have been promoting this **** for almost 10 years now and can't get it together.... I'm sick of it they have great ideas and potentially great products but execution sucks everything is silloed nothing natively works always some work around..... I've used been in the ecosystem for 6 years office365 working on moving on.... Mac's and Google by October this year.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-12T14:20:59+00:00

    I'm trying to check on this, but right now the best I can offer is that it appears that Mopria compatibility MAY be the key. Certified Products (mopria.org) does not list Fujitsu (Scansnap). Again, I'm attempting to get more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T08:59:15+00:00

    Hello Gloria Major,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I'm sorry to learn of the inconvenience, but I may not be able to help you more on this issue because we are not allowed to provide any third party software or hardware to our customers due to community rules.

    In fact, I think you can ask some of the common scanner brand suppliers about whether their scanners are compatible with the Surface Pro 11's arm Processer, and you should be able to get some recommendations from them.

    I won't be able to help you, but I'll leave that question open in case one of our amazing volunteers has ideas for you.

    Best Regards,

    Mitchell | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments