Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer

Anonymous
2024-07-11T01:23:41+00:00

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-16T14:39:07+00:00

    Just a quick update. Looks like Epson already has support for many of their printers and scanners. Epson Scan 2 is supported on Windows 11 ARM.

    For example for my Expression Home 2205 Multifunction: https://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02/DriverDownloadInfo.do?LG2=EN&CN2=AU&CTI=98&PRN=XP-2200%20Series&OSC=W1164 would download Epson Scan 2. Windows 11 ARM is now an option when looking for downloads.

    For printers, the Epson Universal Print Driver might work reasonably well, otherwise the basic Windows drivers work adequately.

    There is also updates on Epson's upcoming full features drivers for Windows ARM on one of the webpages.

    Hope this helps those still looking... This is an old post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T10:06:21+00:00

    Yup, Microsoft is an embarrassment, they have been promoting this architecture for more than 5 years now.... Straight trash I switched to Apple.... Won't look back....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T23:46:21+00:00

    Well we are all suckers.... I just gave up and bought Mac book air.... No time for this ****.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T20:59:50+00:00

    Does anyone know if the Mopria-certified Epson ES-C320W compact scanner actually works with the new Microsoft Surface Laptop Edition 7 with its Snapdragon (Qualcomm) processor? I cannot find any definitive answer on any Epson website or third party seller website for that Epson product, which of course is carried on Amazon, Office Depot, Staples, etc. Hope for some answer before committing to buying it. Thanks, in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T08:59:15+00:00

    Hello Gloria Major,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I'm sorry to learn of the inconvenience, but I may not be able to help you more on this issue because we are not allowed to provide any third party software or hardware to our customers due to community rules.

    In fact, I think you can ask some of the common scanner brand suppliers about whether their scanners are compatible with the Surface Pro 11's arm Processer, and you should be able to get some recommendations from them.

    I won't be able to help you, but I'll leave that question open in case one of our amazing volunteers has ideas for you.

    Best Regards,

    Mitchell | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments