Surface Pro 3 - completely dead

Anonymous
2017-12-08T22:23:24+00:00

My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-28T12:55:40+00:00

    This worked for me.  Hold it on either side, put your thumbs in the middle and push in as if you are trying to bend in from the middle while holding the power button.  Fifth try and it worked!  Thank you so much!

    Glad to hear that worked for you, just make sure you set to 'never sleep' in settings. It seems a ridiculous fix to try, but it seems to work. I dread to think how many unsuspecting customers have ended up paying £500 for a replacement that they did not need. I'll never buy a Surface again, it's shameful that Microsoft do not address this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-22T13:45:41+00:00

    Bless you BosquesEC1 and all you others that recommended the "bendy" solution.

    I bent the upper left-hand corner of my Surface outward, while pressing the power button.

    And it worked!!!

    I've now disabled Sleep completely.

    I'm so glad I found this post as my device is three years old and I was about to just pack it in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-22T13:46:58+00:00

    Thankyou! Bending outward from the left-hand side worked for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-11T16:44:39+00:00

    Thank you! Worked here too!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-08-11T16:56:45+00:00

    Thank you! Worked here too!

    Great to hear that, spread the word to save people money and to embarrass Microsoft into producing better products.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments