Just fyi- it did bend eventually and come back on. I changed the settings to stop sleep mode. That worked until the next update then i had to do the bendy thing again to wake it up. Bad bad microsoft. I dont want to buy a new surface yet!
Surface Pro 3 - completely dead
My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?
Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-04-23T05:28:58+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-04-23T15:52:19+00:00 Same experience I had!!! Microsoft clearly will not stand behind this product...they won't even repair it. They'll offer you a new pro4 for 600...but what about when that one quits on you for no reason??? Will we be stuck in this never ending $600 loop? I just wanted them to fix it...even though it's their fault, I would be willing to pay a service fee for a fix...TOTALLY disappointed with Microsoft...I will never buy one of their devices again. Stick with Apple for tablets and anyone else for laptops.
-
Anonymous
2018-04-24T01:29:50+00:00 My suggestion is to take it to different microsoft stores in your area, hopefully they have a technician that knows how to fix it. Mine is definitely dead after a automatic firmware update, which is Microsoft fault. Ask them to contact US California Stanford shopping center store if available.
-
Anonymous
2018-04-24T01:48:11+00:00 My suggestion is to take it to different microsoft stores in your area, hopefully they have a technician that knows how to fix it. Mine is definitely dead after a automatic firmware update, which is Microsoft fault. Ask them to contact US California Stanford shopping center store if available.
um no, I will not be taking it in to be repaired. I refuse to pay to fix a design flaw. I will continue to "bend" the corner and push the power button for the unit to power up until that no longer works. I will not be purchasing another Surface. I have another laptop and only use the surface for leisure anyway. I purchased the warranty but this did not happen to me until after the warranty expired. Good luck to you.
-
Anonymous
2018-04-28T11:51:24+00:00 This worked for me. Hold it on either side, put your thumbs in the middle and push in as if you are trying to bend in from the middle while holding the power button. Fifth try and it worked! Thank you so much!