Are we talking about the same machine? How do you "bend" it? Mine is solid and doesn't give. Any more bright ideas? I cant turn off Sleep mode if it wont turn ON to get to settings. VERY frustrating!
Surface Pro 3 - completely dead
My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?
Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-01-18T04:18:41+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-01-18T07:31:29+00:00 Are we talking about the same machine? How do you "bend" it? Mine is solid and doesn't give. Any more bright ideas? I cant turn off Sleep mode if it wont turn ON to get to settings. VERY frustrating!
Surface Pro 3 from early 2015. Yes it is solid, some sort of Magnesium alloy I believe. So it doesn't bend much, probably less than 1 millimeter. As far as your request for more "bright ideas", that's what worked for me. But it does take some skill to bend it just slightly (as much as you can, but as said it doesn't move much) and hold the power button down at same time. It took 10-15 attempts for me, but now it has been working fine again.
-
Anonymous
2018-03-10T12:00:11+00:00 My pro 3 has a surface firmware version 1/24/2018 installed and it becomes a dead brick. I took it to the microsoft store in ca san jose, no luck. This week I took it to the ca stanford shopping center, luckily the manager and the techicians there have a way to get it power on. Now I power off my pro 3, set do not sleep at battery or plug in mode, go to setting, computer components, windows update click to stop. I am very afraid any firmware update, I suspect, turn my favorite computer dead.
-
Anonymous
2018-04-22T19:14:53+00:00 I have just had mine die on me 2 days ago....went for lunch and it went to sleep and never awoke...called John Lewis who I go it off and the part & labour cover I paid extra for ran out on the 2othMarch! so called Microsoft to be told 'no we don't fix them we don't even have any here anymore but send it back and for £595 we'll send you a pro4'!!!! I'm seriously pee'd no way of getting any info I had stored on it off and no help offered! as if i'd want to risk another one for the privilege of £595! My IT guys having a look but I don't hold out much hope :(
-
Anonymous
2018-04-23T05:26:07+00:00 If you have read any other replies, you have seen the ones stating to push / bend the corner where the power tab is while holding the button down. You have to do it several times before it will work. Just keep trying it and eventually(5-10attempts maybe) it will power on. Then go to settings and stop it from going to sleep. It is definitely a design flaw intent on encouraging you to upgrade or seek repairs