Surface Pro 3 - completely dead

Anonymous
2017-12-08T22:23:24+00:00

My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-10T12:00:11+00:00

    My pro 3 has a surface firmware version 1/24/2018 installed and it becomes a dead brick. I took it to the microsoft store in ca san jose, no luck. This week I took it to the ca stanford shopping center, luckily the manager and the techicians there have a way to get it power on. Now I power off my pro 3, set do not sleep at battery or plug in mode, go to setting, computer components, windows update click to stop. I am very afraid any firmware update, I suspect, turn my favorite computer dead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T07:31:29+00:00

    Are we talking about the same machine? How do you "bend" it? Mine is solid and doesn't give. Any more bright ideas? I cant turn off Sleep mode if it wont turn ON to get to settings. VERY frustrating!

    Surface Pro 3 from early 2015. Yes it is solid, some sort of Magnesium alloy I believe. So it doesn't bend much, probably less than 1 millimeter. As far as your request for more "bright ideas", that's what worked for me.  But it does take some skill to bend it just slightly (as much as you can, but as said it doesn't move much) and hold the power button down at same time. It took 10-15 attempts for me, but now it has been working fine again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T04:18:41+00:00

    Are we talking about the same machine? How do you "bend" it? Mine is solid and doesn't give. Any more bright ideas? I cant turn off Sleep mode if it wont turn ON to get to settings. VERY frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-12T11:03:31+00:00

    JustinGross1 - Have you tried bending the piece of **** slightly whilst switching it on?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-11T02:09:31+00:00

    Same problem  here in Grass Valley, CA. My Surface Pro 3 WILL NOT TURN ON no matter what "trick" that Microsoft has me try. This problem began after a forced update.

    I asked customer (no)support if I could send it in to have it fixed.

    They offered me an "Exchange" for $600...that doesn't sound like an exchange. Sounds like I'm buying a piece of garbage tablet from Microsoft that Microsoft won't stand behind or fix.

    NEVER AGAIN will I purchase a Microsoft computer or tablet. They know they have a problem and they won't fix it or do the right thing.

    Disgusted!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments