Surface Pro 3 - completely dead

Anonymous
2017-12-08T22:23:24+00:00

My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-24T01:29:50+00:00

    My suggestion is to take it to different microsoft stores in your area, hopefully they have a technician that knows how to fix it. Mine is definitely dead after a automatic firmware update, which is Microsoft fault. Ask them to contact US California Stanford shopping center store if available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-23T15:52:19+00:00

    Same experience I had!!! Microsoft clearly will not stand behind this product...they won't even repair it. They'll offer you a new pro4 for 600...but what about when that one quits on you for no reason??? Will we be stuck in this never ending $600 loop? I just wanted them to fix it...even though it's their fault, I would be willing to pay a service fee for a fix...TOTALLY disappointed with Microsoft...I will never buy one of their devices again. Stick with Apple for tablets and anyone else for laptops.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-23T05:28:58+00:00

    Just fyi- it did bend eventually and come back on. I changed the settings to stop sleep mode. That worked until the next update then i had to do the bendy thing again to wake it up. Bad bad microsoft. I dont want to buy a new surface yet!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-23T05:26:07+00:00

    If you have read any other replies, you have seen the ones stating to push / bend the corner where the power tab is while holding the button down. You have to do it several times before it will work. Just keep trying it and eventually(5-10attempts maybe) it will power on. Then go to settings and stop it from going to sleep. It is definitely a design flaw intent on encouraging you to upgrade or seek repairs

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-04-22T19:14:53+00:00

    I have just had mine die on me 2 days ago....went for lunch and it went to sleep and never awoke...called John Lewis who I go it off and the part & labour cover I paid extra for ran out on the 2othMarch! so called Microsoft to be told 'no we don't fix them we don't even have any here anymore but send it back and for £595 we'll send you a pro4'!!!! I'm seriously pee'd no way of getting any info I had stored on it off and no help offered! as if i'd want to risk another one for the privilege of £595! My IT guys having a look but I don't hold out much hope :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments