Surface Pro 3 - completely dead

Anonymous
2017-12-08T22:23:24+00:00

My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-28T16:27:53+00:00

    It worked for me as well! Thanks! However, I am not so sure if NEVER SLEEP will do the trick? Guess it will need something like NEVER DIE?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-17T20:45:19+00:00

    I have has the Pro 3 since the day it was launched and apart from the odd volume up/on fix, usually following the battery dying while in use - not connecting the power before clicking OK to the low battery message - all has been fine.  Yesterday I put it down for an hour and came back to a brick.  Tried everything I can find on the web, including this thread but no luck.  Am I doing this wrong or am I the only person whose display or HDD has failed?

    So, I do the 30s hard off.  Whether bending or not when I turn on I get the keyboard light but nothing else.  No hint of the backlight. Leave it on for an hour and the fan cuts in but other than that its a brick.  Tried it on the docking station but the same.  I know power and dock are fine as using them with my work SP3 too.

    Any further thoughts from folk here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-16T02:39:54+00:00

    It is happening, again, to me today... my surface pro 3 suddenly died again after 3 years.. look like I have to play around with it hoping it will wake up again...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-14T22:47:40+00:00

    I finally got the bl00dy thing going!

    Unbelievably, if you slightly bend the Surface in whilst holding the power key down it will start up. It takes a few goes, but it stayed on long enough on one occasion for me to go to settings and select NEVER SLEEP.

    Microsoft, you are a disgrace, you wanted nearly £500 for a replacement, I'll never buy a Microsoft product again, you are no better than a snake oil salesman. Your silence on this issue is shameful.

    microsoft bend gate worked for me backing up all my shiz not not trusting this thing again

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-09-14T14:30:00+00:00

    This seems to be a major issue. yet Microsoft cannot be bothered to fix the problem. I suppose greed wins and in-built obsolescence is a money stream for them.

    Exact same situation for me.  I had mine for 2 years and 1 week.  Tried everything.   Very disappointing.   Good thing we have the Microsoft virtual assistant to solve our problem.   With an obviously common problem you almost think they built a 2 year bug into the system to try and sell more units when they die.  Time for Apple? https://lagaiphone.se/shop/windows-mjukvarufel/

    Unbelievably, if you slightly bend the Surface in whilst holding the power key down it will start up. It takes a few goes, but it stayed on long enough on one occasion for me to go to settings and select NEVER SLEEP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments