Surface Pro 3 - completely dead

Anonymous
2017-12-08T22:23:24+00:00

My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-11T21:13:28+00:00

    Well... THANK YOU...... mine has been sitting dead in my drawer for 6 months. Tried this and it worked first try!!! Microsoft wanted $599 to fix this but all my files would be gone! Well atleast i can transfer all my files into my macbook now ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-28T17:40:23+00:00

    Sorry to hear that! I imagine eventually it will happen to all of us. The breaking part. I refuse to buy another one. I use mine now for the portability. I hope in two years you do not find your new one is having the same issue. With the upgrades I would expect them to have improved upon the design. Unless it is truly a flaw designed to encourage the purchase of a new product. In any case, best of luck to you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-28T16:27:53+00:00

    It worked for me as well! Thanks! However, I am not so sure if NEVER SLEEP will do the trick? Guess it will need something like NEVER DIE?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-11T16:56:45+00:00

    Thank you! Worked here too!

    Great to hear that, spread the word to save people money and to embarrass Microsoft into producing better products.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-08-11T16:44:39+00:00

    Thank you! Worked here too!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments