Surface Pro 3 - completely dead

Anonymous
2017-12-08T22:23:24+00:00

My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-14T22:47:40+00:00

    I finally got the bl00dy thing going!

    Unbelievably, if you slightly bend the Surface in whilst holding the power key down it will start up. It takes a few goes, but it stayed on long enough on one occasion for me to go to settings and select NEVER SLEEP.

    Microsoft, you are a disgrace, you wanted nearly £500 for a replacement, I'll never buy a Microsoft product again, you are no better than a snake oil salesman. Your silence on this issue is shameful.

    microsoft bend gate worked for me backing up all my shiz not not trusting this thing again

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-23T05:26:07+00:00

    If you have read any other replies, you have seen the ones stating to push / bend the corner where the power tab is while holding the button down. You have to do it several times before it will work. Just keep trying it and eventually(5-10attempts maybe) it will power on. Then go to settings and stop it from going to sleep. It is definitely a design flaw intent on encouraging you to upgrade or seek repairs

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-19T23:53:57+00:00

    good to hear.

    mine is still going strong. 

    I'm not game to try sleep mode again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-28T12:55:40+00:00

    This worked for me.  Hold it on either side, put your thumbs in the middle and push in as if you are trying to bend in from the middle while holding the power button.  Fifth try and it worked!  Thank you so much!

    Glad to hear that worked for you, just make sure you set to 'never sleep' in settings. It seems a ridiculous fix to try, but it seems to work. I dread to think how many unsuspecting customers have ended up paying £500 for a replacement that they did not need. I'll never buy a Surface again, it's shameful that Microsoft do not address this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-04-24T01:48:11+00:00

    My suggestion is to take it to different microsoft stores in your area, hopefully they have a technician that knows how to fix it. Mine is definitely dead after a automatic firmware update, which is Microsoft fault. Ask them to contact US California Stanford shopping center store if available.

    um no, I will not be taking it in to be repaired. I refuse to pay to fix a design flaw. I will continue to "bend" the corner and push the power button for the unit to power up until that no longer works. I will not be purchasing another Surface. I have another laptop and only use the surface for leisure anyway. I purchased the warranty but this did not happen to me until after the warranty expired.  Good luck to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments