This seems to be a major issue. yet Microsoft cannot be bothered to fix the problem. I suppose greed wins and in-built obsolescence is a money stream for them.
Surface Pro 3 - completely dead
My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?
Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2017-12-08T23:43:31+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-12-14T21:52:16+00:00 Exact same situation for me. I had mine for 2 years and 1 week. Tried everything. Very disappointing. Good thing we have the Microsoft virtual assistant to solve our problem. With an obviously common problem you almost think they built a 2 year bug into the system to try and sell more units when they die. Time for Apple?
-
Anonymous
2018-01-11T02:09:31+00:00 Same problem here in Grass Valley, CA. My Surface Pro 3 WILL NOT TURN ON no matter what "trick" that Microsoft has me try. This problem began after a forced update.
I asked customer (no)support if I could send it in to have it fixed.
They offered me an "Exchange" for $600...that doesn't sound like an exchange. Sounds like I'm buying a piece of garbage tablet from Microsoft that Microsoft won't stand behind or fix.
NEVER AGAIN will I purchase a Microsoft computer or tablet. They know they have a problem and they won't fix it or do the right thing.
Disgusted!!!!!!!!!
-
Anonymous
2017-12-22T00:37:42+00:00 I was looking around at some old posts etc and remembered I turned off 'fast start up', probably in response to having this issue a year or more ago.
so I had a hunt around and found it had been turned on again - probably the Fail Update (quite creative that one).
the option is buried a bit:
- go into power and sleep settings
- click 'additional power setting'
- click 'what the power buttons do' or 'what closing the lid does'
you then get this screen:
if you click 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' you can uncheck 'turn on fast start up'
my assumption is that when checked it leaves somethings running (so start up is faster) - maybe these are are causing an issue coming out of hibernate/sleep.
note: my Hibernate has always been off so in my case the inability to boot has been caused by Sleep not Hibernate
-
Anonymous
2018-06-22T13:46:58+00:00 Thankyou! Bending outward from the left-hand side worked for me!