I too am very disappointed with my Surface Pro 4. (i5/8/256). Microsoft store (2 hrs away)replaced my SP4 on Monday because of a defective screen (water streaks that wouldn't disappear). But the new machine still has tons of bugs and problems. I wouldn't recommend a Surface to anyone - as a matter of fact I have already told several folks inquiring that I love the concept, but that Microsoft is using its customers to find all the bugs. I'm thinking class action lawsuit may be warranted for shipping products it had to know was full of problems. All the time spent on these devices, attempting AnswerTech help, lost work, etc.
I just checked for updates and a Firmware update 11/18/15 was available. Installed. Great, I thought but then SP4 then failed to get past "Hello" screen. Had to hold down power button to restart. Loaded on second attempt. Then after a few minutes while using "edge" browser got Display Driver Critical error after screen froze, AGAIN!
Like other users, there is something about expecting your new device to work and then miss part of a lecture or have the touchscreen stop accepting input, only to restart - it seems like we are back in the 90's with CTRL-ALT-DEL fix from back then - it is just the power button on the Surface in 2015. Come on, really?
Sincerely,
Michael (disappointed SP4 owner)